Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tough Week for me

Well...as some of you may know...I have been getting tested for my thyroid for the past 3-4 months. What a pain in the butt it has been, having to be patient and wait for the dr. to call and tell you to go get another test done, go have your blood drawn again, etc... It has been very frustrating. In the meantime, I was searching on the interent to find out about thyroid problems and was telling myself, oh it can't be the bad ones that I'm reading about, God won't let that happen to me. Well, little did I know God always knows best and gives you nothing more than you can handle. On Monday, I went to the dr. again, an endocrinologist to be exact this time, and I was told I have Graves Disease. (The one I had been saying, "Oh, I won't get that one.") God always has a mind of His own. LOL! the dr. told me I had one day to make a decision on what I was going to do. So, in a frantic, upset, crying voice, I called David and my mom and we decided what would be best for me. Now, I just wait for insurance to say it's okay to start and in about 1-2 weeks I will be taking radioactive iodine and then can't be around any human life form for about 5 days. No sleeping with David, no hugging or kissing him, can't eat on our kitchenware (have to use stuff that can be thrown away), and worst of all, I can't talk aloud to anybody. So, I will be on the internet, talking away to anyone that I possibly can or texting. So hit me up, when it all starts. (PLEASE!!!) Hopefully this fixes things, and then I will just be on a pill a day for the rest of my life to control my thyroid.

I am now okay with everything, just had a hard time at first accepting it from the Dr. and what I have to do after taking this stuff. Please be praying for me and David, since he will not get to hang out with his wife for a while.

1 comment:

MickyD said...

praying gina!!! that is crazy. let me know how it goes!
micky