So as most of you know, I had been diagnosed with Graves' Disease last August. In October of 2008 I took radioactive iodine to shrink my overactive thyroid. After many prayers, God has completely gotten rid of my Graves' Disease. I am now hypothyroid and started taking this little pill once a day. The doctor said that it flipped really fast. God truly is a miracle worker. Although I'm not liking the side affects: (mainly gaining weight). I would much rather have hypo than hyperthyroidism. I will continue taking my pill once a day for the rest of my life. Now we just wait to see if the medication is the correct dose for my body and then once it is stabalized, I will only have to go to the doctors once a year for my annual check-up, unless I become pregnant and then they monitor you throughout the duration of the pregnancy and couple months afterwards. It is totally fine for someone to become pregnant and take hypothyroid medication while pregnant as well as completely safe for any babies.
Just continue to pray that God will continue to heal my body and give me the strength to get through the changes that are now taking place with my body. I know I was never going to stay a size 2 for the rest of my life, but sometimes I get a little disappointed at times. I need your prayers and support!
Thanks for all of you who have been praying for me and David as well. He has had to put up with my crazy mood swings for the last 6 months. (Poor guy)! Love you honey!
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wahoo Gina! I am so excited for you that the wait is over! We'll continue to pray for you guys, but we're oh so excited!
Post a Comment