So school started on Monday, August 18th. I was a bit nervous, since I am teaching a 5/6 combo class this year. However, my day was GREAT!!! My students are fabulous, with the exception to a couple chatty 5th graders, but hey...who doesn't talk. (I talk all the time). Hehehe!! It has been so much fun these past 3 days with my students. I couldn't have asked for a better group of kids for my class. They are wonderful in many ways.
Parents are so nice and want to help out in the classroom as well. I can't say how much I am going to need that. I am a little overwhelmed still, cause it's a lot to do, but God will get me through it all. I KNOW!!! And my principal has faith in me too! LOL. Exact words from her are: "Gina, You can handle it." Sometimes that phrase gets a little irritating, but then I think about all the things God has done for me and I knew He could do it, so therefore, He in turn is returning the favor of me. Just keep me in your prayers as I try my very best.
Back to school night is tomorrow and I am as ready as I can be. A little scared of what some of the parents may ask or assume about a combo class, but yet at the same time, ready to tell them why their kids are special. More on how Back to school night went tomorrow when I get home.
Well, I am off to get a good nights' rest, so I am refreshed in the morning. Talk to you tomorrow.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment